A Return to Vital Tradition
This course teaches you how to form a keepable habit of intermittent fasting – also known as OMAD, or One Meal a Day – following the vital traditions of Western Monasticism.
One Meal a Day is an increasingly popular method of intermittent fasting that delays when you eat, rather than restricting what or how much you eat. It has been the habit of many a joyful monk, who have used it as the foundation of a more lively, prayerful, and productive existence. In fact, it's arguable that OMAD finds its roots in the Rule of St. Benedict – the founding document of Western Monasticism.
Not necessarily, but the switchover from grazing (three meals + snacking) to fasting can be made easier with the right strategy, preparation, and mindset.
This 40-day on-ramp will give you a customizable template for sustaining your own fasting practice - including partials fasts, and longer spiritual fasts - without giving up your favorite foods or isolating yourself from social events.
It will cover the science and spirituality of intermittent fasting – framing the modern fad in the context of a rich tradition. If you've lacked the motivation to try fasting in the past, you will be given new tools and inspiration to escape the scarcity mindset that accompanies initial hunger pangs.
As you learn to love fasting, you will likely discover innumerable rewards, including:
• Improved focus (increase in Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor)
• Better insulin sensitivity (weight loss and reversal of diabetes)
• Better ghrelin release (less hunger)
• Better leptin sensitivity (restore satiety)
• Autophagy (cellular repair) activated
• Humility and preparation for an encounter with God
• Freedom from spiritual oppression
• Greater discipline and a truer sense of identity
• Mental lucidity and clarity of purpose (see also, focus)
I hope you'll join me on this journey of faith – crossing the Jordan to a land of milk and honey (once a day).
Listen to the Free Podcast before signing up:
Here's what's included
Daily teaching and motivation videos for 1 month📹 x 40
Weekly templates for meal plan scheduling and goal setting$100
- Here's what's included
- Daily teaching and motivation videos for 1 month📹 x 40
- Weekly templates for meal plan scheduling and goal setting$100